The week’s episode centers on the theme of the novel 1984 by George Orwell. The show is split into three parts, examining the various slogans used by the totalitarian state in the book.
We’ll look at Obama pleading for more war, McCain lost in Syria, Jeremy Scahill’s new book on covert ops, the surveillance state in the UK, banning child porn, cops who curse, militarizing local police, and the CIA’s record of drug dealing during the 1980s.
WAR IS PEACE
- Obama’s terrorism speech: seeing what you want to see Some eager-to-believe progressives heralded the speech as a momentous change, but Obama’s actions are often quite different than his rhetoric.
- Obama Asks Pentagon For Syria No-Fly Zone Plan The White House has asked the Pentagon to draw up plans for a no-fly zone inside Syria that would be enforced by the U.S. and other countries such as France and Great Britain, two administration officials told The Daily Beast.
- Jeremy Scahill & Noam Chomsky on Secret U.S. Dirty Wars From Yemen to Pakistan to Laos They appeared on Democracy Now! to talk about the latest covert wars being undertaken by the U.S. government.
- Republican Lawmakers Use Memorial Day Weekend Sunday Shows To Push For More War. mediaite.com
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
- London mayor wants police state surveillance in UK London mayor Boris Johnson wants the UK’s police state expanded so all internet and phone calles are monitored, and to crush free speech and democracy.
- MP Claire Perry on internet pornography Conservative MP Claire Perry talks about the “growing weed” that she claims the internet is. She keeps on talking about child “porn” and why government needs to regulate the Internet.
- Canton Police Officer: “I’ll Kill Every One Of You Motherfuckers" youtube.com
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH
- Mike Levine & Gary Webb – The Big White Lie + Dark Alliance= CIA drug cartel Michael Levine joins Montel Williams with Gary Webb to discuss the CIA’s active sabotage against the American people with their drug dealing, and their unwillingness to cooperate with open investigations.
- Obama Expands Militarization of Police Among items transfered to local law enforcement agencies have been assault rifles and grenade launchers, even Blackhawk helicopters and .50 caliber machine guns ; In fiscal year 2011 alone, the Pentagon transferred almost $500 million worth of materials to domestic law enforcement – near double the previous year’s total.
- Canton Police Officer: "I’ll Kill Every One Of You Motherfuckers" youtube.com